Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

If the truth be told, I took a "season off" of the work I know I'm supposed to be doing.

I had become such a leader and it was quite lonely. However, I enjoyed it for the time being, but I was not at all eager to carry it over into Nashville.

I always feel alone when I'm at school and I refused to sign up for the same I needed time away from full time ministry and I figured God would understand.

It's four months later and I'm ready to begin again. I figured out what was missing...because my desire never left, my gift never left, my drive never left, etc. But the key I never possessed was courage.

Now, my Uncle taught me on this some time ago. He told me, "We always hear 'Encourage Yourself' and we think that means 'Keep the faith until you get the happy ending you're hoping for'. But that's not it. You know what it means to take courage? It means to know that things will get rough sometimes, but live or die, be sold out to God and trust his judgement."

This explanation, along with other examples he used, changed my perception of courage forever & tonight, I realized that I was lacking this principle.

Things have been rough and painful, but I'm ready to move forward. There will be more painful experiences to come, I'm sure, but I'm down for the cause.

"For Christ I live. For Christ I die."
-Courage

No comments:

Post a Comment