Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My nights are filled with thoughts of you.
& my days with memories.
We have been since time began.
Hard to believe that now we're history...

& it hurts.

To think back on all the work we put in.
& to try to count how many times we promised we'd never end.
I lost a friend...

& it hurts.

To know we were cautious, but still had a crash landing.
I wish we could've seen this from the beginning...
Would've been more cautious approaching the ending.

& it hurts.

To ride through our old spots without you...
Now, I gotta settle for the drive-thru.
This is what my days & nights have come to.

& it hurts.

To accept the truth.
To embrace what's new.
& to put my heart & soul on this paper, because I can't give it to you.

& it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment